· The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess a min. of 8-10 years selling technical computing solutions, either in direct sales, professional services or enterprise selling/outsourcing, or managed technology services; preferably for cloud or hosted services.
· Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
Are you passionate about the Autonomous World, Machine Learning, developing technology strategy and taking it to large-scale production? Are you passionate about engaging the AI community (AI researchers, developers building AI products, roboticists making robots that work, data scientists, and innovative entrepreneurs in hot startups and large enterprises)?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and everything autonomous have the potential to transform our society and community for generations. Impacting transportation, mobility, telecommunication, energy, healthcare and insurance, rescue and emergency response, hospitality. Achieving this requires implementing one of the most complex computing systems to-date at unprecedented scale. AWS Autonomous Compute is taking a fresh approach with providing an end-to-end, scalable cloud environment that simplifies the development, scaling and production deployment of AI technology. Including a global cloud footprint, infinitely scalable cloud storage, advanced networking and security, state-of-the-art AI platforms and services, rigorous engineering, and a team with the longest experience building cloud technologies.
The AWS Autonomous Computing team is seeking a Senior Business Development for our Autonomous Vehicles Computing business. In this role, you and your team will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted strategy to accelerate broad business development activities.
You will define the go to market strategy (GTM) for the AWS Autonomous Computing business, and lead the team to execute that vision. The team defines and drives the process that the organization follows to accelerate sales and partner engagements for AV and autonomous computing deployments. Your work will directly help our customers reinvent their own business models by harnessing the power of AWS’ storage, networking, big data, machine learning, and IoT technologies.
You will facilitate the enablement of customers, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value proposition about end-to-end Autonomous Vehicles technologies – data ingestion, ML-driven data processing, localization and mapping, AV scenarios simulation and testing, models deployment – on the AWS cloud. You will directly interface with the AWS product and software development teams regarding customer and partner requirements. You will work closely across multiple internal and external organizations – AWS product engineering, business development, sales, marketing, partners, and machine learning communities – to position the AWS platform for customers and partners; and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners.
In addition, you will develop a standard market intelligence framework drive an amazing team that synthesizes data and information gathered from engaging customers into succinct findings, derive strategic insights. These findings and perspectives will be persuasively communicated to the product and sales teams, including senior leadership. You will work with other AWS business development, sales and solution architecture teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from the AWS EC2 Compute, EC2 Networking, Storage, ML/DL services, CI/CD services; and collaborate/coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements when appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess Business background with strong technology exposure that enable them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of innovative startups and large Enterprises. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of compute, storage, advanced networking, and machine learning platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and would have done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations in these domains. The candidate will have experience managing high performance teams, ideally across virtual or geographical disperse teams.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to transform their businesses and solve their own complex business challenges with technologies in the cloud. AWS is leading the way in providing customers with powerful, end-to-end platforms and services to solve complex problems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the AWS can help address and resolve these issues.
· Serve as an evangelist for Autonomous Computing on AWS, within AWS and externally.
· Define, build and deploy hot startups and enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around deploying successful autonomous vehicles technology on AWS.
· Engage, support and scale business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS AV value proposition to customers and partners.
· Exhibit Cloud platforms expertise, and experience handling and scaling technology campaigns.
· Exhibit expertise in driving AWS field and partner readiness for customers.
· Develop a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and Marketing teams.
· Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the AWS AV architectures.
· Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the AWS for Autonomous Compute and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.