· Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent) in Communications or a related field
· 5+ years of public relations/communications experience including internal communications
· Internal communications experience within a multi-national company
Amazon is seeking a high-judgment and self-motivated professional to join the campaign function within the worldwide Operations Internal Communication organization. The campaigns team works in partnership with colleagues across the globe to reach our audience where they are - in Amazon’s Operations facilities – and creates content, strategy, and communications opportunities designed for the hourly employee experience.
This person will be a leader within the APAC-based team and drive creative strategy and high-quality execution for a broader global audience. The ideal candidate will be strong manager of programs and deliverables, a solid writer, and can look around corners to ensure goals are sound. This manager will need to become a subject matter expert on many aspects of Amazon’s employer practices to effectively own editorial calendar development, on-site activations, and stakeholder inputs to drive results. The ideal candidate will insist on the highest standards, be an experimental thinker eager to push our story-telling capabilities, dive deep into details, have a role up the sleeves attitude, and work well with various teams across the globe. Travel is required, approximately 25 percent of the time, depending on COVID-19 safety measures.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Lead and develop innovative internal communications campaigns, clear narratives, and tactics that engage Amazon’s many employee classes across the globe;
· Work closely with the APAC team as the primary campaigns team point of contact as well as an integral member of the US-based Internal Communications team;
· Develop editorial content months in advance and work closely with regional/business teams to ensure appropriate messaging;
· Measure results of communications efficacy, which are often ambiguous and experimental, and report in a timely fashion;
· Take on new proactive campaign initiatives and fulfill requests for clear concise employer practice-related communications strategy as needed;
· Build stakeholder relationships across a range of businesses to establish relevant messaging and tactics for each campaign, and provide counsel for executive communications and social media content;
· Manage and support issues and crisis communications, when necessary.
Must be currently based in the APAC countries Amazon has Operations (Australia, India, Japan, or Singapore)