· 7+ years of experience in specifying microwave systems for communications.
· Experience in wireless system design and architecture, system integration, cascade system analysis, link budget analysis, requirements development for phase noise, EVM, ACPR, NPR, and noise figure.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
As a Senior Ground Gateway System Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and design innovative solutions. You will work closely with colleagues throughout Project Kuiper’s inter-disciplinary team, and engage third party suppliers, in order to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and optimization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for implementation of hardware for use in ground station systems.
In this role you will:
· Take responsibility for driving high bandwidth K/Ka band design implementation for ground systems.
· Decompose system requirements and develop subsystem requirements for implementation of radio design, including specifying BUCs, LNBs, OMTs, etc.
· Directly interact with vendors and internal teams to ensure devices meet all system requirements.
· Evaluate vendor solutions in lab environment to ensure compliance with system requirements.
· Analyze and mitigate potential self and other system interference issues.
· Take the solution through development, acceptance testing, certifications, ramp up and sustaining.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.