· Bachelor degree (or higher) in security or related field
· 7+ years of experience in one or all of the following disciplines; corporate security management, transportation/supply chain security, aviation security
· 7+ years of Security experience, specifically in Aviation Security
· 7+ years of Aviation Regulatory Security Compliance experience, specifically TSA and U.S Customs
· 7+ years as a security manager in a multi-location global corporate environment
· 7+ years of experience in a customer service driven environment
· 7+ years of experience conducting workplace risk investigations
· Experience with all Microsoft Office applications
The Aviation Security (AvSec) team is seeking an enthusiastic, customer obsessed AvSec Manager to provide support and oversight for cargo transportation efforts in Amazon Air. This will encompass new initiatives for the transportation supply chain involving Amazon owned delivery methods or third party. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing risk-based security standards and ensuring compliance with both corporate policies, federal regulations and standardized processes. Responsibilities will also include ongoing assessment of operating risks and the development of appropriate mitigation strategies to sustain business operations, existing and future.
We are looking for a strong leader who embraces our core values and is excited about an opportunity to influence and support our growing Amazon Air network. This key role will support the Amazon Air operation programs with understanding, implementing, and validation of security requirements, to ensure employees, third party vendors, visitors, and our assets (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, & intellectual property) are secure and that the organization is prepared to properly respond to various security related emergencies. You must have a demonstrated ability to utilize your security expertise and management strength to challenge conventional wisdom, think strategically, communicate effectively, drive results and leverage the necessary technical support that will be provided by both Amazon and third party technical experts.
Key Job Responsibilities
As part of the AvSec team, you responsibilities will include managing ambiguity through your expertise and judgement to determine the right stakeholders to form decisions. You will hire & develop the right workforce strategy to meet long-term process targets. You may lead multiple layers of managers and specialists with limited guidance through performance management utilizing individual and team goals.
You will create, establish, and verify compliance with security procedures and regulatory standards, physical security design standards and policies and utilize Security Management Systems processes for risk mitigation where the strategy for may not yet be defined. You will support the Amazon Air teams, develop new security standards and evaluate existing security standards by establishing workflows, SLAs, and operational excellence mechanisms. You will ensure customer outcomes are auditable, decisions are data-driven, and work quality is measurable.
This is a new and evolving business operation. We are looking for someone who can introduce best practices and move with a strong bias for action as we ramp up these efforts. Other responsibilities include:
· Participates in strategic initiatives (1-3 year)
· Writes effective communications (e.g., Mission, Tenets, PR/FAQ, etc.)
· Influence and negotiate priorities
· Determines where to simplify or extend solutions for the best outcome
· Drives Kaizens and other best practices
· Effectively hires, manages performance, coaches, and promotes
· Evangelizes Amazon Leadership Principles
· Provide guidance and support to the Amazon Air Operations teams
· Manage information from various reporting tools to determine and manage risks
· Implement security and shrinkage control programs to protect assets from loss due to internal/external theft and operational issues
· Evaluate security standard work to ensure alignment with policy & regulatory compliance
· Collaborate with internal customers to develop security solutions to address evolving operational processes with a focus on identifying solutions that facilitate business objectives
· Create strategic programs designed to enhance loss mitigation efforts within Air Cargo
· Work with internal customers to establish, provide and agree on clear goals, objectives, and performance delivery outcomes and timelines
· Manage, where needed, the use of vendors for guard and investigative functions at multiple site locations
· Managing timely, ethical, and professional investigations into theft and workplace incidents
· Support crisis management planning and emergency response for Amazon Air, both third party and Amazon owned assets
· Investigate allegations of regulatory violations and mitigate regulatory enforcement
· Establish and maintain relationships with the Airport Security Directors, Local TSA Federal Security Directors, and Local USCBP Port Directors within your region, as well as local Federal Law Enforcement and Local Municipal Law Enforcement
· Learn Amazon’s Excellence System (ACES) and apply its concepts including; Lean Six Sigma and Kaizens so that system and related process waste is eliminated
· Utilize Security Management Systems (SeMS) to identify root cause and develop mitigating processes to reduce risk
· Travel locally 60%+ of the time.
· Must fulfill FAA and DHS criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
· Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
· This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable
· Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position.