· Bachelor degree (or higher) in security or related field and/or 5+ years of experience
· 5+ years of experience in one or all of the following disciplines; corporate security management, transportation/supply chain security, aviation security
· 5+ years of Aviation Regulatory Security Compliance experience, specifically TSA and U.S Customs
· 5+ years of experience in a customer service driven environment
· 5+ years of experience conducting workplace risk investigations
· Experience with all Microsoft Office applications
The Amazon Aviation Security team is seeking an enthusiastic, customer obsessed AvSec Security Manager to provide support and oversight for cargo transportation efforts in Amazon Air, encompassing new initiatives for the transportation supply chain involving Amazon owned and third party delivery methods. Responsibilities include managing risk-based security standards and ensuring compliance with corporate policies, airport and federal regulations, and standardized processes. The AvSec Manager performs ongoing assessments of operating risks and the development of appropriate mitigation strategies to sustain business operations, existing and future.
We are seeking a strong leader who embraces our Leadership Principles and is excited about an opportunity to influence and support our growing Air network. This key role supports the Air operation programs with understanding, implementing, and validation of security requirements, to ensure associates, third party vendors, visitors, and assets (people, property, and data) are secure and the organization is prepared to properly respond to various security related incidents. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to utilize their security expertise and management strength to challenge conventional wisdom, think strategically, communicate effectively, and deliver results.
Key Job Responsibilities
The AvSec Manager responsibilities include managing ambiguity through knowledge to facilitate team priorities in order to meet short-term process targets and team goals. This position will assist with hiring & developing the right workforce strategy to meet long-term process targets. This position will directly manage a team of on-site professionals and 3rd party vendors.
The AvSec Manager responsibilities also include verifying compliance with security procedures and regulatory standards, physical security design standards and policies and utilize Security Management Systems processes for risk mitigation. Additional responsibilities include developing new and evaluating existing security standards security standards by establishing workflows, SLAs, and operational excellence mechanisms by ensuring customer outcomes are data driven, measured and validated.
This is a new and evolving business operation. We are looking for someone who can introduce best practices and move with a strong bias for action as we ramp up these efforts. Other responsibilities include:
· Own the overall security and regulatory compliance for the facility
· Drive creation of security and quality initiatives that continuously improve processes and mitigate deficiencies
· Work closely with site leaders and support staff (e.g., HR, LP, Safety) to ensure on-going support for AIR security initiatives and policies
Tactical management, Learning to be strategic
· Responsible for goals in an area with a defined strategy
· Establishes the right team structure to respond to customer needs and business goals
· Makes sure team(s) are operating properly, meeting SLAs, and delivering results
· Able to create a plan, communicate requirements, negotiate priorities, and clarify what success looks like.
· Audits employee work to make sure results are high quality
· Optimizes workflows and best practices
· Able to hire, manage performance, coach, and promote Individual Contributors
· Sets the example for Amazon Leadership Principles
· Evaluate and introduce industry knowledge and best practices on transportation security efforts for Air Cargo
· Provide guidance and support to the Amazon Air Operations teams from a security perspective
· Manage information from various reporting tools to determine and manage risks
· Oversee security and shrinkage control programs to protect assets from loss due to internal/external theft and operational issues
· Review and implement security practices and procedures to ensure they meet regulatory compliance
· Oversight of 3rd party security professionals
· Manage timely, ethical, and professional investigations into theft and workplace incidents
· Support crisis management planning and emergency response for Amazon Air, both third party and Amazon owned assets
· Investigate allegations of regulatory violations and mitigate regulatory enforcement
· Utilize Security Management Systems (SeMS) to identify root cause and develop mitigating processes to reduce risk
The span of Authority for this role includes oversite of a single facility within a geographic region. This will include the hiring and development of team members, supporting operational leadership, managing Manages difficult problems, mitigating immediate risks and deciding if escalation is required.
· Must fulfill FAA and DHS criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
· Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
· This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing
· Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable
· Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position