· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· 1+ years experience assisting in the delivery of IT or technical projects
· 1+ years experience managing tasks, risk/issues, resource, and financials of an engagement.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring an Engagement Manager to team with AWS consultants, partner, and client teams. Engagement Managers manage the delivery of AWS cloud products and services that enable our customers to realize their business objectives. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
AWS Professional Services are involved in a wide variety of engagements for customers and partners, providing a collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for our customers. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to collectively deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. Engagement Managers help customers make decisions to meet their technical and business objectives by providing best practices, proactively identifying and closing engagement gaps.
Responsibilities and Abilities include:
· Collaborate with other AWS technical, operation, and customer facing teams to deliver engagement health metrics and ensure we are on track to meet customer milestones and business outcomes.
· Experience leveraging formal project management and reporting methodologies.
· Possesses knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across engagements.
· Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology.
· Lead individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then driving the AWS team members, customer stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
· Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
· Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute.
· Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance.
· Business and financial acumen.
· Business case development.
· Plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project life-cycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, defining success criteria, project milestones, and budgets.
· Plays an active role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, and action items.
· Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
· Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
· Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
· Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
· Interfaces with various customers and internal AWS stakeholders which consists of Sr Engagement Managers, Practice Managers, and project level resources such as SMEs.
· Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of engagement financials and health status.
· Able to present, communicate (oral & written), and build relationships across team members
· Proven success in working with teams and management.
· Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
· Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
· Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
This role requires travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.