· BS in electrical or mechanical engineering or a related technical field
· 5+ years of experience in an engineering field
· Experience in mechanical assembly and inspection processes such as Geometric Design and Tolerance (GD&T) OMM, and other inspection equipment.
· Experience in process characterization and validation using statistical tools – such as GR&R, Cp/Cpk, Design of Experiments.
· Experience with design for manufactur-ability, design for automation, and creating process documentation from scratch
· Experience with assembly jig and fixture design
· Experience working with International OEM Partners
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Manager, MDE Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and implementing DFMA good practice to the design of our product. You will be a key member of the development team and will be the main interface between the Hardware and Product Design Engineering teams with local and Offshore Operations teams within Lab126 and our OEM partners. In this role, you will:
· Work with the design engineering to identify and escalate manufacturing challenges by enforcing DFM, DFA and DFS principles
· Investigate and introduce new manufacturing technology and methodology to enhance product quality and production efficiency
· Develop manufacturing process at the ODM, including defining fixture requirements, critical dimensions on parts and critical requirements in assembling
· Drive all factory-related operational issues related to SMT and final assembly processes during pre-production builds; ensure effective closure to enable operational success of the new product introduction cycle, and put products into mass production
· Identify and develop assembly jig and fixture for new products
· Work within Operations, Hardware and Product Design engineering departments to implement and optimize manufacturing 1st pass yields and efficiency from prototype through product ramp
· Bridge the gap from OEM to Lab126 by supporting development builds and production
· Support cost reduction and sustaining activities #amazon #amazon-jobs #career #amazondevices #mgr-mde