· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of expertise such as business or finance
· Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible healthcare revenue cycle management with strong working knowledge of billing and collection processes and functions, patient access, Denials Management, Health Information Management, cost reporting, payment modeling, State/Medicaid and Medicare rules & regulations, financial and service line reporting experience and general revenue cycle management strategies, and industry best practices
· Minimum of 5 years of successful team leadership
· Financial management skills including the ability to financially analyze data for operations, auditing, and forecasting; basic accounting knowledge; A/R and reserve analysis; and staffing and financial reporting skills.
· Extensive knowledge on critical business processes, primarily Billing, Collections, Dispute and Denial Management.
· Experience leading cross-org discussions and working with a matrixed team of stakeholders to achieve common goal.
· Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills at the executive level.
· Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge normal operations.
· Must possess solid analytical skills and be able to make quick, effective decisions under pressure.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· Strong bias for action and be able to work iteratively.
· Possesses an exceptional eye for detail and process improvement.
· Trained in HIPAA guidelines
The Finance Operations organization works with every part of Amazon to provide procure-to-pay, revenue-to-receipt, real-estate and facilities, operations accounting and operations excellence services with the highest level of controllership at the lowest cost to the company. We provide the backbone systems and operational processes which completely, accurately, and validly pay Amazon’s suppliers, invoice our customers and report financial results. Amazon is quickly building the Finance Operations capabilities in the healthcare industry by creating the Healthcare Finance Operations Services.
As part of the Amazon Healthcare Finance Operations Services team, you will find yourself working with exceptionally talented and determined people committed to driving financial improvement, scalability, and process excellence. To support the growth of Amazon health, prescription drug and businesses beyond this candidate must possess a strong passion for accountability, setting high standards, raising the bar, and driving results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, systems, and processes. The ideal candidate is an experienced operator and leader in Revenue Cycle Management with experiences with leading provider or pharma revenue cycle operations. This role will oversee the development and implementation of service standards and operating systems to optimize patient flow and revenue with a focus specifically on the shared services functions (e.g. medical billing, collections, cash application, denial management, etc.) and the goal of optimizing reimbursement and maintaining patient information. This position will proactively identify, develop, and execute critical process improvement initiatives to drive best practice performance and favorably impact accounts receivable, cash acceleration, and net revenue.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead a team of direct reports (junior revenue cycle analysts) by providing feedback, constructive critique of work and document their job performance.
· Manage day to day operations of related Revenue Cycle Operations including, but not limited to: licensing and credentialing, eligibility, pre-authorization, billing, coding of services, charge-adjustment-payment posting, claim follow-up and collections, appeals process, aging collections, cash reconciliations, denial management and reporting all the above on a regular basis.
· Develop, execute and maintain a detailed plan to improve the revenue cycle and continually reduce days in accounts receivable, increase cash collections, reduce bad debt write-offs, eliminate write-offs due to revenue cycle processes, improve registration accuracy, improve customer service and increase patient satisfaction.
· Collaborate cross functionally to develop fully informed views and insights into the drivers behind data, and present findings clearly and concisely.
· Develop strategies across all functional teams to exceed cash collections, reduce days in AR, and reduce denial and adjustment rates.
· Tracks and monitors key revenue cycle performance indicators; reports key findings to appropriate leadership and stakeholders across the organization.
· Collaborates with partners to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, training, and personnel designed to create standardization in the organization and enable rapid growth.
· Partners with the business team in the oversight of payer contracts and payer relationships.
· Collaborate with the compliance and quality team to create a feedback loop for the continuous improvement of customer feedback.