· Ph.D. or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 5+ years of work experience in the job offered, or as a Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Software Engineer, or a related occupation.
· Employer will accept a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field and three years of research or work experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the PhD and one year of experience.
· Must have 2+ years of research or work experience in the following skill(s): programming with a mathematical programming language such as R, MATLAB, or SAS or major programming language such as Python, Java, C++, C#, or C
· Experience formulating and solving predictive modeling, machine learning, forecasting or statistical modeling problems.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply learning techniques and advanced mathematical modeling to solve real world problems? Do you want to play a key role in determining how to plan and predict inventory flows WW? Come and join us!
The Amazon Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) team seeks a Senior Research Scientist to join our team. Scientists in S&OP develop new algorithms and models to improve the way we plan inventory flows in our complex networks WW. Improvements drive down down supply chain costs and enables better selection and availability for customers.
Working collaboratively with Engineers, PMTs, PMs and business partners across groups, you will develop solutions to complex problems, such as designing the next generation of algorithms to drive the Supply Chain. As a Research Scientist, you will continue to contribute to the research community, by working with other scientists across Amazon and our Supply Chain, as well as collaborating with academic researchers and publishing papers. Within S&OP, our Science community values teamwork, supports continued learning, and recognizes the need to take risks and try new ideas that may fail. Furthermore, our builder culture means that Scientists and Software Development Engineers work closely together to invent and construct at a massive scale. Your work can be part of Amazon production system and result in concrete business impact.
· Understand and mine the large amount of data, prototype and implement new learning algorithms and prediction techniques to improve plan accuracy
· Collaborate with product managers and engineering teams to design and implement software solutions for Supply Chain problems
· Contribute to progress of the Amazon and broader research communities by producing publications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.