· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or equivilent field.
· 10 years of finance experience OR Master’s Degree and 8 years of experience
Amazon seeks an intellectually curious Senior Finance Manager to lead the Controllership and Self-Inspection (CSI) team within Finance Operations Services (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Payroll) for North America, China and Latin America.
The CSI team’s mission is to strengthen Amazon’s reputation and safeguard assets by entrenching a risk resilient controls environment and promoting a culture of controllership.
A successful candidate will lead a team engaged in cross-functional projects, new product and geographical launches, and the assessment and automation of relevant controls, processes and applications. The candidate will be involved, from a controllership perspective, in process design, internal controls effectiveness, regulatory audits and various system integrations. They will instill a controllership culture through trainings and influencing business partners while assisting in resolution of defects and complex problems with the highest level of controllership. The candidate will also lead the Sarbanes Oxley 302 certification process and reporting for the Finance Operations organization, globally.
The Controllership Senior Manager must:
· have strong executive presence and writing ability.
· have proven success in managing a medium-sized team.
· operate with autonomy and discretion.
· have the ability to prioritize in a complex, fast paced environment.
· have exceptional project management skills.
· partner with cross-functional teams to improve defects and drive resolution expeditiously.
· be organized, driven, curious, action oriented, efficient and customer obsessed.