· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math and Master’s degree in Finance, Statistics or related discipline
· 5+ years relevant business analysis experience.
· Experience in linking and handling large datasets, summarizing data into metrics and data storytelling / generating insights and findings from the data
· Proficient with Advanced Excel · Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, QuickSight or Power BI
· Extremely strong with data querying via advanced SQL
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (Excel, R, Python etc.)
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Overall 8+ years’ experience with 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.
Amazon FinOps is looking for a Business Analyst to be part of the Global Billing Team. As an analytics expert at Amazon FinOps, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest data sets and help build data driven operational strategies to adapt and be successful in ever changing business environments.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Develop new strategies to improve accuracy and timeliness of revenue management to ensure billing assurance
· Develop internal finance controls based on industry best practices.
· Develop revenue recognition policies and revenue generation standards.
· Leading and mentoring projects to address key cross functional issues ranging from financial operations and vendor management.
· Deliver Financial Savings through projects
· Design and implement mechanisms to improve Operational Excellence Culture
· Provide periodic project updates, including major successes/challenges, to senior management
· Managing and constantly improving the idea management (ideation to implementation) process
· Conduct brainstorming among teams to identify improvement opportunities as and when needed