· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
· Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
· Experience in framework design and development
Our team and technology are responsible for creating hiring solutions for millions of applicants and future Amazonians that will help Amazon stay customer obsessed. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and country specific rules/regulations. Our team is growing rapidly at multiple locations. If you have the drive, tenacity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
As part of our growth and expansion, we are setting up brand new teams to build end-to-end hiring solutions on Native AWS from ground up. This solution will handle all phases of hiring process from job creation, search, and application to all the way candidate day 1 experience.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will drive the development of services and assets for an external facing, mobile first, global solution that will be used by millions of applicants aspiring to work at Amazon. You will own automation of business processes using proven as well as evolving AWS services and other technologies to create a friction free customer experience. Your tier-one services will have highest standards and be available 24x7, scale under massive load, and perform consistently.
In this role you will -
· Be a technical leader that is not afraid to challenge the norms and innovate.
· Execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams to move fast.
· Help establish the long-term success strategy for your systems, development best practices, and operational excellence processes.
· Collaborate with peers to ensure your strategies are in alignment with the rest of the development teams.
· Develop junior and new team members by mentoring them on multiple fronts.
We want you if -
· You strive to build highly available, scalable, and performant tier-one services to power responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers.
· You have high standards and drive a culture of excellence, grow and mature a young team to take them to the next level.
· You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards.
· You are curious, love problem-solving, diving deep, collect data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgement in the face of insufficient data.
· You follow the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate.
· You have strong leadership qualities, and a track record of delivering great solutions.