· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or related field or relevant work experience.
· 3+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering.
· 3+ years of experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
· 3+ years of experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools.
· 3+ years of experience in scripting, automation and SQL querying.
Are you interested in building the next generation, cloud-based commerce system for AWS that’s used by millions of customers worldwide? Are you excited by the idea of building systems that operate at Petabyte scale? Do you want to make an impact at a $10-billion-a-year business? Then we need to talk!
Computing AWS bills, at its core, is a challenging, distributed systems problem that requires calculations performed over trillions of usage records, millions of accounts, and hundreds of thousands of different rates. Furthermore, our applications must meet strict requirements for accuracy and once-and-only-once processing. This role is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team in Seattle, WA or New York, NY working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
Our Support Engineers focus on:
· Investigating new ways to improve operations
· Drive prioritization of operational issues and automate solutions to recurring issues.
· Validate system changes including running manual and automated end-to-end test cases
· Investigating system variances about to affect major services worldwide
· Diving deep into service interdependencies and region specific configurations to find the root of a problem about to affect an entire nation
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to test, operate, and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud technology and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages and customer issues. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.