· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years overall relevant experience, specializing in complex customer escalation resolution, and process improvement
· Knowledge of Human Resources, federal and state disability laws regarding access for people with disabilities; specifically ADA and FML
As a member of Amazon’s Disability and Leave Services (DLS) Escalations team, the DLS Escalations Investigator will be responsible for: resolving complicated escalated issues on behalf of our customers (employees, human resources, managers and leaders), and working with internal service leaders and external stakeholders to identify root causes and corrective action plans to improve processes, policies and services to create exceptional customer experiences. The candidate has a proven track record of interpreting policies and procedures and applying sound case management judgment towards every escalation resolution. The ideal candidate, operates with significant autonomy and discretion. Directly supports multiple senior leaders. Understands annual business strategy and business performance measurements (OP1/OP2). When needed and based on escalation trends/data assists and identifies org design needs, process flow defects and technology releases that may negatively impact the customer therefore resulting in customer escalations. The Sr. Investigator also looks for patterns, trends or risks externally that effect employee workplace or relations, and keeps leaders informed and influences the need for action.
This role requires a strong leader who can manage multiple cases at once, influence key stakeholders and service leaders, and move case reviews from investigation to resolution in a short amount of time.
1. Manage the entire lifecycle of multi-stakeholder, complex escalated cases, from intake to resolution and reporting.
2. Manage a caseload of escalation investigations to meet various SLAs depending on the type of escalation, including termination reviews, non-executive escalations and executive escalations.
3. Identifies systemic issues using escalation data (reporting, DLS system inconsistencies, process flows, or Standard Operating Procedures), draws insights from data to find root cause and trends.
4. Drives process and technology improvement needs across multiple teams
5. Schedule regular meetings with internal DLS leaders to research the events leading up to the escalation, capture the sequential flow of events, identify the root cause(s) of the issue(s), define corrective action for each of the root causes, and write a holistic summary.
6. Coordinate with other members of Technology, Escalations, DLS domains and the DLS Quality team to provide outputs, results and trends to ensure visibility of identified defects.
7. Simplify complex DLS language while concisely summarizing the issues, defining the defects or service failures and outlining robust corrective action.
8. May lead development of a component of compliance initiatives and related change management plans.