· 10+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
· Experience owning creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
· 5+ years of experience directly managing others
· Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to c-suite stakeholders
· Experience directly managing teams of 6 or more
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
The Head of Customer Acquisition for Prime Video is a senior cross-functional leader who leverages their performance marketing expertise to drive acquisition and engagement of Prime Video. This role will own the vision for how we drive customers to Prime Video and must inspire and influence senior leaders and stakeholders across internal and external teams to achieve your business goals.
You will lead a marketing team that is responsible for creating and executing on-site and paid marketing campaigns that will fuel our customer funnel. You will own the marketing budget for off-platform, performance-based paid media programs and will be responsible for communicating results and ROI to stakeholders across the organization. You will scale existing marketing programs and source new media partnerships to deliver significant, incremental results. You must have a proven track record of identifying, testing and optimizing new needle-moving marketing programs to drive innovation and improve performance. This role is a leader within Prime Video's Central Marketing team and and you will drive marketing programs that promote our most exciting initiatives for Amazon Originals (eg “The Boys”, “Jack Ryan” and “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”), Subscription Video On Demand and Prime Video Channels.
You will play a crucial role in the launch of our highest-profile marketing programs, and must thrive in high-profile, high-pressure situations.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manage a team of high caliber marketers, delivering through them, and prioritizing their career growth.
· Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders including third party media vendors, Amazon's Central Associates team, Amazon Studios, finance, business development, storefront CX team, product managers and designers
· Audit marketing programs, performing deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes, and make decisions based on data
· Partner with finance, scientists, engineers, and product managers to influence roadmaps and develop additional product features for Prime Video
· MBA or JD
· Knowledge of digital video landscape
· Digital media background, including Paid Search and Affiliate marketing
· Experience managing a team; developing and promoting direct reports
· Ability to transform thinking quickly from high-level, strategic thinking into auditing detailed execution
· Excellent communications skills (written and oral) to drive recommendations, articulate tradeoffs, and communicate plans to senior executives
· Ability to juggle a range of projects across Amazon teams, balancing quality and speed
· Ability to work across channels to set and report on KPIs
· Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
· High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced start-up like environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
· Strategy experience , including (but not limited to) go-to-market launch management, acquisition, engagement, product marketing, or partner marketing
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role