· 5+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as industry marketing, product marketing, technical marketing, technical pre-sales, management consulting, marketing communications, or product management within the financial services or fintech industries.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, and/or relevant field of study such as computer science and/or cloud computing.
· Experience in crafting compelling marketing content and executing an effective channel strategy.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility, team building, and proven success delivering measurable marketing results on a global scale.
Amazon Web Services is seeking a data-driven, creative, and well-written marketing manager to identify, develop, and create messaging and content for the Global Financial Services industry utilizing AWS customer stories. This is a critical and highly visible role within AWS, and will be an integral member of both the Industry Marketing and the Global Financial Services Business Unit teams. An effective team member will draw upon and work together with stakeholders from across all areas of our organization (Sales, Product, Marketing, Business Development, Partner/Alliances, Press Relations etc.) to prioritize and develop compelling customer stories and thought leadership content, and place these stories in appropriate content mediums and channels.
As a critical member of the team, you will work closely with Sales and BD to encourage customers to become referenceable and over time nurture those relationships with a focus on marketing opportunities that help position customers as thought leaders in the Financial Services industry. You will create and lead the global cross segment financial services customer engagement strategy and the development of content that may include references, case studies, customer quotes, videos, blogs, social media posts, web content, press releases, PR, webinars, conference presentations, and logo usage. You will manage customer content that appears in AWS-led events as well as that appears in third party events in conjunction with AWS.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and how it can be used to create business outcomes for the Global Financial Services Industry, an innate ability to transform complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand materials, and the ability to build and improve scalable mechanisms for managing our work. Comfort with and experience in a highly data-driven marketing organization is a must.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” In this role, it is important that you enjoy what you do (and it shows), be creative, and willing to take on any challenge to drive impact and results for our customers.
Strong preference for this role to be in NYC. Open to relocation to NYC only from within the U.S. Open to these additional locations: Virtual – U.S.
As the Industry Marketing Manager, Global Financial Services, you will be responsible to:
· Develop proactive and reactive global financial services messaging to support field teams and customers.
· Identify key strategic global FSI customers to engage for purposes of customer references and content, and develop and own the customer engagement relationship.
· Develop and own global cross segment financial services thought leadership content utilizing customer stories that influences business and technical decision makers in the industry.
· Develop and implement a global cross segment financial services content communications strategy for internal and external channel optimization.
· Own content management and project management of customer participation in global cross segment AWS-led and third party global financial services industry events.
· Ensure quality standards are met for all materials produced and released to the AWS field. As this is a global role, content needs to be globally scalable while also meeting the needs of the local markets.
· Regularly engage with the cross-functional FSI organization to assess field needs and prioritize the development of customer relationships and stories, including assessing content strategy and channels.