· 3+ years of marketing experience
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
· Verbal and written communication skills in French and English
Amazon Business Canada is seeking a talented Marketing Manager to accelerate the growth of the Amazon's B2B business. You will be responsible for the merchandising of products on the website, owning the launch and maintenance of storefronts, curating selection, and driving traffic. You will work closely with Marketing leads worldwide to experiment and leverage B2B storefronts and selection strategies.
Amazon Business is re-inventing the way businesses shop in Canada. Launched in October of 2019, Amazon Business Canada is applying the same entrepreneurial and innovative approach that delivered the Amazon.ca shopping experience, new technologies, products (like our Amazon Echo, Kindle e-readers, and tablets), and enterprise services (like Amazon Web Services). With our drive to reinvent on behalf of business customers, we are focused on building Amazon Business into the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between) from every industry vertical. You are a strong leader who can influence executives, prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly and understand how to deliver excellent results within a strong and talented team, as well as, being able to drive change across other organizations. The role requires innovative thinking and a strong customer and quality focus.
In this role, you will:
· Set the marketing direction and build impactful B2B storefronts
· Develop an unified cross-channel strategy that aims to hit plan, and build more velocity and efficiency in our Self-Service and Sales channels
· Develop and champion bold and creative ideas
· Own and manage merchandising process
· Present your results in weekly, monthly and quarterly business review meetings to process participants and stakeholders.