· 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
· Experience owning creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
· Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to c-suite stakeholders
· Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored ads, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Sr. Marketing Communications Manager, Event Content will develop and deliver keynote content for Amazon Advertising’s presence at strategic global events. The ideal candidate will be an experienced event content strategist and storyteller with a solid understanding of content development that aligns to brand messaging, product offerings and customer personas. Compelling, bar-raising storytelling is a key component of our event strategy, and this role is critical in driving the stories we tell on stage (and virtually) in order to drive thought leadership.The ideal candidate is a highly motivated communications manager that possesses sound judgment and impeccable writing skills with experience in managing projects with multiple stakeholders across the globe. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and has proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders. They should also be able to demonstrate strong proficiency in gaining executive alignment, communicating internally (to stakeholders) and externally (to customers and prospects), and collaborating cross-team.
The day to day of this role includes developing keynote content for executives at select strategic events, selecting and preparing Amazon Advertising speakers for their respective presentations, and providing both remote and onsite event support to speakers. This role requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work backwards from ambiguous requirements to generate clear, concise communications – requiring frequent engagement with Amazon Advertising leadership around the globe.
To be successful in this role, you will need to establish clear processes, have strong creative and writing abilities, drive appropriate prioritization, and be able to communicate internally (to stakeholders) and externally (to customers). The right candidate will be a self-starter and have strong interpersonal, project management, and presentation development skills.
· Speechwriter to senior executives for global audiences, including driving the creation and delivery of compelling, executive-level presentation materials (slides, scripts, messaging documents, and customer stories) for Amazon Advertising senior leadership
· Partner with Events team to build content strategy for these events; general session agenda flow; and determine appropriate speakers (customer; internal; external) in alignment with business goals and priorities, and brand messaging
· Identify content needs and manage content development process for these strategic events end-to-end (including project management, production timelines, scheduling and coordination amongst subject/track matter leads).
· Work directly with content owners to identify deliverables and deadlines, communicate expectations, and ensure results
· Collaborate with designers, product development teams, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
· Manage internal communications to content creators and speakers
· Recommend best practices and proactively recognize opportunities to reuse, repackage and optimize content to maximize return on the company’s event content investment.
· Understand the brand and product positioning with the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging
· Coordinate with other marketers to develop plans to further promote event content across other channels.
· Measure results (evaluations, attendance, feedback) on all content and communicate findings back to key stake holders.