· 10+ years of marketing leadership experience for a technology platform in the Energy (Oil & Gas) industry
· 8+ years demonstrated career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility, team building, and experience delivering measurable marketing results on a global scale
· 10+ years experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, and/or relevant field of study such as computer science and/or cloud computing
Are you an experienced marketing executive in the Energy (Oil & Gas) industry? Are you passionate about how technology can be used to solve business problems? Are you eager to shape the way Energy companies modernize their services?
The AWS Energy team helps energy companies transform the core of their operations today by offering the broadest and deepest cloud platform around. We help our customers meet energy needs of a growing global population by revamping their legacy systems and providing them with more sustainable and efficient technology and solutions. We also help position our customers to be less carbon intensive and help them in accelerating their development of innovative and renewable energy ideas.
Amazon Web Services is seeking a data-driven, creative, and well-written marketing executive to develop, lead, and execute AWS’ global marketing strategy for the Energy industry. This will be a critical and highly visible role in AWS, and will be an integral member of the leadership team for our Energy business. As such, the role will drive the way we develop and build a holistic marketing strategy, and will team across all areas of our organization (Sales, Product, Marketing, Business Development, Partner/Alliances, etc.).
The successful candidate will develop business-level and thought leadership content and messaging for key Energy accounts and sub-segments (exploration, refining, distribution), have strong domain expertise to support press and analyst activities, engage our partner community, and work with key partners to develop joint go-to-market messaging and programs. You will also be a go-to person for our AWS sales and field teams as you target campaigns and events that position AWS as the leading cloud provider to the Energy industry.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and how it can be used to create business outcomes in in Energy, an innate ability to transform complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand messaging and materials, and the ability to build and improve scalable mechanisms for managing our work. Comfort with and experience in a highly data-driven marketing organization is a must.
This position must sit in Houston, TX. Relocation assistance offered from within the U.S.
· Develop and execute AWS’s marketing strategy and plan for the global Energy (Oil & Gas) industry. This will involve working with the senior leaders of our energy business, technology, and marketing organizations to develop and communicate the benefits of AWS to the industr
· Create and optimize AWS services and solution messaging deliver high impact, differentiated industry-specific messaging and content that highlights the value and differentiation of AWS for energy customers
· Target and support energy conferences and trade-shows that maximize engagement with target customers and showcases industry-specific use-cases and solutions
· Work with our partner teams and community to develop joint solutions, messaging, and go to marketing strategies for key energy partners
· Interact regularly with senior management or executives to assess field needs and prioritize the development of sales tools, field events, and related materials
· Ability to travel both domestic and international to meet with customers and field stakeholders